There are many factors associated with pain that persists, or chronic pain. It is often accompanied by feelings of fear, anxiety and frustration especially as there is often no easy answer as to why it hasn't gone away. We may move and hold ourselves in ways which may initially help ease the pain but then can prevent us moving with ease , increasing tension in our already sensitive tissues and ramping up our pain levels.
The way we breathe plays a big part in this. It does after all use almost every muscle in our 'trunk'
Research shows links between back pain faulty breathing and even continence.
Faulty breathing habits can quite literally be a pain in the neck, or back, or shoulders, or jaw or anywhere else for that matter. Over-breathing alters our body chemistry, in other words the chemical ‘soup’ all our systems need to work well. Our stress levels increase, further exacerbating the problem.
What Physio2Breathe can offer you
- Learn how the way you breathe is contributing to your pain
- How to restore natural gentle breathing using correct muscles and movements
- Breathing and movement re-education to get back to normal activities
- How to relax the body for repair, rest and recovery to take place
- How to exercise and regain fitness and strength
Capnography Testing - With a simple test we can look at whether your breathing is in balance. Over breathing can lower levels of carbon dioxide in our blood. This can contribute to our experience of pain by causing tight muscles and muscle spasms. It also affects the oxygen supply to every cell in our body.